Whether you are in school or have kids in school, there always seems to be a focus on things to do during spring break. We all enjoy going somewhere new during spring, it must be the sense of renewal that happens each spring when the weather gets warm and the flowers start to bloom. While it may not quite be spring time yet, now is the time to start planning your trip during your break. We at Ledges Hotel love sharing our area of the Poconos on spring break and any other time of the year. Here are our top 5 things to do while you are here on spring break in the Poconos.
- Go hiking! While you are here in the Poconos on spring break, you must get out and explore! There are many trails, state parks, and more, that you can choose from while you are here. Some of the ones we recommend are Prompton State Park where you can choose from 22.9 miles of trails. They also have a fantastic lake where you can go fishing. Since the weather is starting to warm up, think about going birding while you are out. There are so many species out there for you to have a look at. If you are looking for a more scenic route, be sure to check out the Lake Wallenpaupack Trail. It takes you around the lake and gives you stunning views.
- See more when you bike! We at Ledges Hotel have a great bike rental program and the best place to take it would be to the Delaware Water Gap. This national park offers over 70,000 acres for you to have fun at. They have 30 miles of trails, many of which are fantastic for bikes. Be sure to check out their trail list so you can have a good idea of which you would like to try out. Their trail list is great because not only will you know the name, how long the trail is, but also some of the sites you should see like waterfalls and more. We would recommend at least a few hours to be able to see a good chunk of this park.
- Learn more about the Poconos when you drive! For some of us, there is nothing better than a meandering drive. When you are going to a place you aren’t familiar with, finding a route that can show you the sights as well interesting points of interest along the way. Here in the Poconos in the spring, there is nothing better than a drive down Route 6. There is a whole site dedicated to the route along Pennsylvania and some of the things that you could see along the way. You can plan your own customized Route 6 trip or you can have a look at one of their suggested itineraries.
- Do a little shopping! While you are here in the Poconos, there is no better way to get to know us than through our artisans and local shops. A great place to go shopping is at the nearby Hawley Silk Mill. They have a great market, art gallery, furniture shop, and much more. Be sure to stop by Cocoon Coffee House for a quick pick me up in the middle of your day!
- Take a side trip and explore the other local towns! One of the best things about visiting the Poconos on spring break is that there are so many close by little towns that all have their own unique charm and it only takes a little bit of time to get to any of them. One town we love is Honesdale. Filled with great restaurants, shops, and the wonderful Cooperage Project. This is a community-based space that offers classes, shows, and more. Be sure to check their calendar!
As you can see, there are so many ways to enjoy a trip to the Poconos for spring break. When you do decide to come to our area, consider staying with us at Ledges Hotel. Our modern and renovated space shows the history of the area in a fun way. Enjoy a glass of wine on our decks as the sun goes down and enjoy the gorge. When considering which room to choose, also have a look at our specials and packages to make your trip unforgettable. Contact us today and think about coming to the Poconos this spring break!
Want to learn more about our area? Request your free Vacation Guide!