While the weather may still be cool here in the Pocono Mountains, we at Ledges Hotel are so excited for the summer season. You can feel it everywhere here when summer hits. Not only does the weather warm up but many of our seasonal activities, and businesses start to open up as well as the cares and attitudes of locals and travelers. If you are considering a trip to our area, then let us help you by showing you some of the amazing Poconos summer activities that you can participate in while you are here.
Poconos Summer Trails
- Promised Land State Park– Promised Land State Park is a place that you can enjoy in any season and for just an hour or for a whole day. You can enjoy the scenery and the trails while you are there. If you do plan on biking, we suggest you rent a bike from Sickler’s Bikes. Promised Land has 50 miles of trails for you to choose from and all are well maintained and have plenty of trail markings. For biking, in particular, there are 6.5 miles of trails for you to explore. While you are there, be sure to check out their beautiful lake.
- Delaware Water Gap– When thinking about Poconos summer activities, the park that always comes to mind is Delaware Water Gap. It has over 70,000 acres of trails, rivers, and more for you to enjoy. They also have walking and biking trails. Have a look at their trails page so you can see each of the trails they offer, the length, difficulty, and what you might see while on them. Be sure to plan your day as there are so many great things to enjoy here.
- Wallenpaupack Lake Trail– If you are looking for a scenic trail that is also quick, then we suggest the Wallenpaupack Lake Trail. It is about 3 miles and will take you through the forest and around the lake. The trail is narrow so be sure to watch out for other people. There are also spots along the way to enjoy the view and be sure to bring a camera for pictures!
Poconos Water Activities
- Kittatinny– This company is so fantastic in what they offer for summer activities here in the Pocono Mountains. Some of the things they offer are zip lining, canoe and kayak tours, and much more. Be sure to have a look at their river trips as they have many options to choose from depending on length and how thrilling you want your trip to be. If you are looking for a view, then you should have a look at their zip lines as you can’t get one like this anywhere else.
- Lake Wallenpaupack Boat Tours– If you want to relax on the water, then there is nothing better than a fun tour around the lake. At Lake Wallenpaupack Boat Tours, you can choose from their daily tours or you can charter a private tour for yourself. If you are looking to go on the lake on your own, you can rent boats or if you want to be in the lake, they also have kayaks and stand-up paddle boards as well.
As you can see, there are so many wonderful ways to have a trip filled with Poconos summer activities. The next time you are in our area, consider staying with us at Ledges Hotel in Hawley. Our beautiful and modern hotel is housed in an old glass factory that gives our space historic charm. We have accommodations for travelers of all kinds from our economy rooms to our 2 bedroom suites, perfect for sharing. Before you come, be sure to check out our specials and packages to enhance your stay with us. Contact us today and begin planning your summer trip here to the Pocono Mountains.
Want to learn more about our area? Request your free Vacation Guide today!