While you are here in the Pocono Mountains, you will find many ways to occupy your time. Hiking, shopping, eating are just a few ideas that come to mind. We at Ledges Hotel want to name one more that you should put on your list, The Cooperage. It’s a cutting-edge operation in Honesdale that houses so many things in one building. You can stop by on many days and find something different. Come and check out the Cooperage and see all the amazing things they offer there.
- Pair of Summer Recitals:2– This performance will be on July 31st from 3pm to 5pm. It has a suggested donation of $15 for advanced tickets and $20 at the door. This is a part of the WCM Summer Music Festival. The style of music will be chamber music and there will be a selection of 5 pieces played.
- Bluegrass Duo: David Cavage & Josh Sudigala– Head over to The Cooperage on August 26th to hear this duo play. Their performance will be from 7:30 to 10 pm. They will collect donations at the door. The duo will play lively bluegrass music that will have you dancing in your seats.
- Open Electric Jam– Open Electric Jam- This event will happen on July 27th. Bring your instrument to play and hear artists in the community. The jam session will last from 7 pm to 10 pm. Musicians of all ages have a blast at this event.
- Open Mic Night– Performers of all types enjoy coming to The Cooperage for Open Mic Night. The acts always vary and last about 15 minutes each. The next Open Mic Night will be August 10th from 7 pm to 10pm.
- Acoustic Bluegrass Jam– Any level of player is welcome to this jam session. Meet experienced and beginner players whom all love bluegrass. The next session is August 17th from 7 pm to 9 pm.
- Game Night– Games are not only fun but are great for your brain! The Cooperage will host a game night on August 18th from 6 pm to 9 pm. Bring your own or learn a new game from one of theirs!
- Contra Dancing– This style of line dancing has been making a comeback in recent times. You will have a chance to interact with others in the lines. The steps are simple and easy to learn which can make this a lot of fun. The next contra dance is August 27th from 7:15 to 10 pm.
- Main Street Farmers Market- The farmers market at The Cooperage is every Wednesday. From 3 pm to 6 pm, local farmers show off the freshest produce that is available. There are also other goods and their Market Cafe is open as well.
- Romping Radishes- The Cooperage makes teaching kids about eating healthy fun. The classes are once a month and each month has a different theme. The next one is August 3rd from 4 pm to 5 pm.
- DIY: Pickling– This fun class will focus on how to pickle things that you can enjoy later. The class will be on August 23rd from 7 pm to 9 pm. At the end of the class you will get to take home a jar of what you pickled, provided by a local farm.
As you can see, The Cooperage is an asset to our Pocono Mountains community. Whether you live here or are just a visitor, be sure to stop by The Cooperage for one of their fun events.
Anytime you are looking to spend a few days in the mountains, consider staying with us at Ledges Hotel. Our modern hotel is in Hawley, PA in an old glass factory. We have stunning views of a nearby gorge. You can enjoy the view from your room or our decks. Be sure to also have dinner with us while you are here. Our in-house restaurant Glass uses fresh produce from farms and has many local beers on tap. Contact us today and plan your next trip to Hawley!
Want to learn more about our area, request your free Vacation Guide today!