Craft breweries are popping up all over the country. The Keystone State has a long-standing tradition of creating delicious beer. A Pennsylvania Brewery Tour will offer a glimpse into century-old landmark businesses as well as up-and-coming breweries eager to make a name for themselves. Some of the best Pocono Mountains breweries are found near Hawley, PA. Pair a Pennsylvania Brewery Tour with a stay at Ledges Hotel. Enjoy contemporary accomodations set amidst the historic charm of a former Glass Factory. Before heading out, check out the Brew Trail where you can customize your own brewery tour itinerary. Don’t forget to download our free Visitors Guide and have all the information you need to complement your tour at your fingertips.
Check out these 5 outstanding Pennsylvania breweries. Just a sample of what awaits during your Brew Tour getaway.
- Wallenpaupack Brewing Company: This family-owned full-production craft brewery, opened in 2017
with a philosophy to keep its beer approachable and its environment friendly. The 20-barrel Pocono Mountains brewery features about a dozen beers at any given time. Signature drafts include Paupack Amber Lager and Smoke on the Water. The restaurant menu boasts a variety of hearty sandwiches, burgers and tacos. Watch out for regularly scheduled tasting events and live entertainment. Wallenpaupack Brewing Company is less than a mile from Ledges Hotel.
- Irving Cliff Brewery: This beer made in nearby Honesdale got its start in 1851. The brewers are committed to using locally sourced natural ingredients in the crafting of its beer. The process starts with fresh mountain water and continues with carefully selected hops and grains to ensure an amazing beer each and every time. The tap room and restaurant offers seasonal and year-round beers.Signature drafts include Stourbridge Lion Blonde Ale, Dyberry Creek IPA and Horatio Allen Stout. Irving Cliff Brewery is 10 miles from Ledges Hotel.
- Iron Hart Brewing Company: A passion for home brew launched this Carbondale, PA based brewery. Since going public, its beer has has been on the receiving end of a few awards. Flagship beers include Iron Hart India Pale Ale and Broadside Stout. The brewery is open for events on select dates. Visitors may sample the latest release plus enjoy a light food menu and snacks. Iron Hart Brewing Company is 21 miles from Ledges Hotel.
- Yuengling: On the East Coast, Yuengling is famous. It has the distinction of being America’s oldest brewery. German immigrant David G. Yuengling founded the company in 1829. Yuengling Beer has a mild and flavorful taste. The brewery offers seven different beers in its line-up. Tours of the original Pottsville, PA brewery are free and offer the chance to learn about the beer making process as well as the history behind the brewery. Yuengling Brewery is 100 miles from Ledges Hotel, making it an ideal day trip add-on to your Pennsylvania Brew Tour. If you can’t make it to Pottsville, you can pick up your favorite Yuengling Beer while you’re in Hawley.
- The Lion Brewery: A landmark in nearby Wilkes-Barre since 1905. Flagship beers include Lionshead Pilsner, Light, IPA and Belgian White. In 1974, the brand acquired the Stegmaier Brand, an iconic beer in Northeast PA since 1857. Lion Brewery products can be found in many stores and distributors in the Hawley area.
Plan your Pennsylvania Brewery Tour around our Blues, Brews and BBQ event. Held every Sunday from the end of May until late August, the event features many Pennsylvania craft brews. Enjoy beer on the outdoor decks at Glass- Wine.Bar.Kitchen as you listen to some of the region’s best Blues musician. All of that is paired with delicious barbecue dishes served buffet style. Book our Blues, Brews and BBQ Lodging Package, which includes a Sunday overnight stay in the best available contemporary room. Check out availability and book your Brew Tour Getaway today.