Sometimes you just need to get away from the grind of everyday life. Consider a relaxing long weekend in the town of Hawley in the Pocono Mountains. We are known for beautiful scenery, delicious restaurants and a low-key vibe that attracts visitors of all ages. Read on and see how we at Ledges Hotel can help you create the first of many winter getaways from NYC.
Learn about all of the wonderful things to do during your stay when you download our free Vacation Guide. It’s full of our recommendations for outdoor adventure, amazing restaurants, and interesting things to do while planning your winter getaways from NYC.
Winter Getaways from NYC: Outdoor Adventure
- Hiking– Any time of year is a great time to go hiking. Each season gives us something different to see on the trails. There are plenty of places to go! Whether you like scenic trails or lakeside ones, we have something for everyone.
- Biking– Another great pastime is biking in the Pocono Mountains. The Delaware Water Gap has miles of trails for you to explore. Be sure to ask us about bike rentals when you stay!
- Cross-Country Skiing/Snowshoeing– One of the best winter getaways from NYC can be spent on the slopes. We have several areas around here that are perfect for snowshoeing or cross-country skiing.
Winter Getaways from NYC: Shopping
- Antiques– If you love antiques then you are going to love Hawley. Our antique stores are incredible and the perfect place to find something small or a larger piece to accent your home.
- Hawley Silk Mill– Another great place to go shopping is the Hawley Silk Mill. They have art, furniture, and a wonderful coffee house. Located close to us at Ledges Hotel, they are an easy walk away.
Winter Getaways from NYC: Food and Drink
- Breweries– A fun way to get to know our area is through our breweries. There are several in our area. Each of them has a different twist to their beer and are a blast to visit.
- Glass– In case you didn’t know, we at Ledges Hotel have a restaurant named Glass. If you are looking for a relaxing evening in, we are an ideal eatery. Our menu has mainly small plates, perfect for sharing. Be sure to save at least one dinner here with us.
- Wineries– Another amazing way to spend some time during your winter getaways from NYC is at one of our local wineries. Not only can you get a tour and a tasting but the scenery is gorgeous!
Winter Getaways from NYC: Events
- Ledges Hotel offers a variety of winter events including Valentine’s Dinner, St. Patrick’s Day, Wild Week and more.
- Silver Birches hosts great events all season long highlighted by a Valentine’s Specials at The Dock, Comedy Nights, the Chili & Wing Cook-off and Wally Wine Fest.
- The Settlers Inn is another wonderful venue for events in the winter months in Hawley, PA. Enjoy Jazz Supper Club, Holiday Brunches, Valentine’s Dinner, St. Patrick’s Day, Wine Dinners and new events annually.
As you can see, there are so many ideas for your winter getaways from NYC. We hope that you choose Hawley the next time you want to get away. When you do come our way, consider one of our beautiful properties to stay at. We have Ledges Hotel, a modern hotel set near a gorge and inside an old glass factory. We also have The Settlers Inn, a cozy B&B located centrally to Hawley. Lastly, we have Silver Birches, a lakeside property on Lake Wallenpaupack. Contact us today and begin planning your first of many winter getaways from NYC to the Pocono Mountains.
Want to learn more about our area? Request your free Vacation Guide today!